Life at Sonder Design is unlike any other. You will have the opportunity to become a part of our vision. To turn big ideas into reality. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be rewarded.
Because at Sonder, you’ll be part of creating something special.
Senior Software Developer
Sonder is seeking a senior software developer to join the system engineering and test development team. The position involves development of innovative software solutions to support test teams on both hardware and software programs.
The senior developer will be responsible for driving the vision and implementation of various methods working with a system development team to design, develop and maintain systems, tools and automation.
Candidates should have a proven track record of working with business and engineering teams to communicate solutions for product engineering. A genuine interest in product quality, intellectual curiosity and the ability to hit the ground running are key to success in this fast-moving and collaborative environment. You will be expected to set an example of technical excellence, and you will be responsible and accountable for your work.
- In-Depth knowledge of Python and Objective-C programming
- Thorough knowledge of iOS, MacOS, windows and android architectures and frameworks
- Expertise developing backend web services
- Expertise in developing frontend web applications
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Tableau or ElasticSearch
- Good understanding of software development and QA life cycle. Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skill
- Excellent collaborative skills with outstanding verbal and written communication. Proven ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies
- Engineering process expertise, with a full understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles
- Passion for Apple and Windows platforms and writing simple, elegant software
- Experience developing hardware drivers
- Excellent communication skills: Verbal, written, presentations, participating in working meetings
- The candidate will be able to apply a strong understanding of Apple and Windows platforms to develop practical, fault-tolerant, and high-performance services that will become key components to delivering great products throughout hardware development lifecycle
- Applicants will have 4+ years experience in industry or research, developing robust and reusable Python, Objective-C or Swift code and will be able to demonstrate creativity, initiative and the ability to work to deadlines
- We are looking for a great team player with the ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to others.
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
A package including equity will be tailored to the appropriate candidate