Life at Sonder Design is unlike any other. You will have the opportunity to become a part of our vision. To turn big ideas into reality. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be rewarded.
Because at Sonder, you’ll be part of creating something special.
You will join a team of mechanical design engineers who will design, prototype, iterate, and launch a new-category Sonder product. This is literally a hands-on technical roll. You will design and rapidly prototype Sonder input devices, and you will travel to China to support engineering builds. You will assemble early prototypes, solve problems on the assembly line, all working side by side with the Sonder Engineering team and engineers at our partner facilities. You will be expected to set an example of technical excellence, and you will be responsible and accountable for your work.
- Desired: 3+ years of hands-on, detailed product design experience
- Experience working in small teams of engineers (i.e. 4-8 people) in work or academic environment
- 3D CAD and 2D drawing skills (any package)
- Wide knowledge of basic engineering materials and materials selection process, include rapid prototyping
- Consumer electronics cross-functional knowledge: Industrial design, displays, PCBs and flexes, antennas, batteries, thermals, etc
- Basic GD&T knowledge, tolerance analysis, experience creating and releasing 2D drawings
- Design for weight reduction
- Ergonomics and human fitting/adjustability experience
- Excellent communication skills: Verbal, written, presentations, participating in working meetings
- Proactive problem solving, including root cause analysis and DOE creation
- Experience working and driving actions in assembly and part production facilities in Asia, including high-volume mass production
- Excellent sketching and 3D craftsmanship
- Experience with 3D modeling packages (Pro-E/SolidWorks), 2D packages (Photoshop and Illustrator), and 3D Rendering (Keyshot)
- Fluent in English and Mandarin preferred
- Experience in Human Factor/Ergonomic design and test methodologies
- Intensive Traveling may be required to the Bay Area, China and Taiwan
A package including equity will be tailored to the appropriate candidate
Please include a digital portfolio with your resume