Life at Sonder Design is unlike any other. You will have the opportunity to become a part of our vision. To turn big ideas into reality. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be rewarded.
Because at Sonder, you’ll be part of creating something special.
Engineering Program Manager.
As Engineering Program Manager (EPM) in the Sonder Engineering Team, you will be responsible for leading the development builds of Sonder laptop module and input device projects. Your goals are to ensure that modules are built according to specifications, and modules are been shipped according to the given timeline.You will be expected to set an example of technical excellence, and you will be responsible and accountable for your work.
- At least 3 years of project management experience
- Fluent in English and Mandarin to support counterparts in respective countries
- Great leadership skills and ability to inspire team members
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Must be able to communicate well with cross-functional team members and able to collaborate with team members to achieve project goals
- Knowledge of the Hardware development process
- Product design experience
- Operations experience in a manufacturing environment
- Managed shipping manufacturing in China and Taiwan
- Shipped mass production products (+100k units)
- Experience with bistable and E Ink displays
- Lead cross-functional communication between Sonder Internal project teams and external vendors
- Work with Engineering Management and Vendors to define plan, track and communicate and escalate as appropriate
- Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process between Sonder and external vendors
- Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management
- Facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management
- Drive day-to-day Engineering build activities, at vendor’s factory, to meet overall program objectives
- Lead project teams to timely delivery of products
- Manage schedules and milestones
- Support cost reduction and sustaining activities
- Excellent communication skills: Verbal, written, presentations, participating in working meetings
- Intensive traveling required to the Bay Area, China & Taiwan
Degree/Master in Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
A package including equity will be tailored to the appropriate candidate