Life at Sonder Design is unlike any other. You will have the opportunity to become a part of our vision. To turn big ideas into reality. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be rewarded.
Because at Sonder, you’ll be part of creating something special.
Business Development Manager.
This is a unique opportunity to Sonder and reinvent how people connect with technology. As Business Development Manager you will be at the forefront in bringing next generation dynamic keyboards to the industry.
The individual will lead customer engagements and management, business and product life cycle planning, customer portfolio coordination, project portfolio management and strategic direction of Sonder’s input devices and supporting products for the market. This will encompass a broad range of activities beginning with ideation, market research, customer and product development through obsolescence. In this key position, the major objective is to identify and translate market needs into a business and portfolio strategies that maximize overall business objectives by creating and driving world-class customer experiences. The position reports to the Design Lead and CEO.
- At least 3 years of business experience in a product management, project management, or business development role
- Fluent in English and Mandarin to support counterparts in respective countries
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Passion to become personally committed to developing new markets
- Articulate, intelligent, and energetic with excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple internal and customer organisation levels
- Experience working with materials manufacturers, building products companies, component and system fabricators, electronic systems manufacturers, architects, and product designers
- Ability to work with and understand product design, fabrication, and manufacturing processes a plus
- Broad vision and strategic, rational thinker
- Customer-centric, creative problem solver
- Able to work cross functionally across international cultures in particular Asia
- Own portfolio of projects, products and customers for Sonder – from ideation to development, launch, customer integration, and obsolescence
- Be a brand ambassador of Sonder by seizing every opportunity to create an experience that delights all customers – existing and potential
- Write market and product requirement documents based on market research and collect and prioritize voice of the customer feedback
- Create strategic alignment with all stakeholders by developing business and technical cases for all product life cycle programs
- Develop and maintain strategic product roadmaps for Sonder laptop modules, keyboards films, and supporting products
Collaborate with Sonder research, development, operations, product management, and supply chain teams to drive and execute product roadmap
- Lead technical competitive evaluations, route to market (RTM) analysis, product ecosystem assessments, and product development partnerships
- Intensive traveling required to the Bay Area, China & Taiwan
Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering field
A package including equity will be tailored to the appropriate candidate